Semester 2 Orientation
22 - 24 July, 2015
Orientation at UNSW is all about making the most out of your time at university. Whether you are a new or returning student, undergraduate or postgraduate, getting involved will help you make the best possible start when semester begins.
Here's a summary of what to look out for:
O Day - Wednesday 22 July, 2015
11am – 3pm in the Commerce Courtyard (Map ref. E20).
New students are strongly encouraged to attend. On O Day you can attend:
- The Official Welcome to New Students from 11.30 am – 12.15pm
- Clubs and society stalls.
- Arc Yellow Shirt Campus Tours
- Games and entertainment
- Orientation sessions focusing on academic, professional development and wellbeing topics.
Orientation sessions will continue to run on Thursday 23 and Friday 24 July.
Official Welcome to UNSW Australia - Semester 2, 2015
Wednesday 22 July, 2015
11.30am - 12.15pm
Central Lecture Block, Theatre 7
No registration is required for the Welcome – seating will be on a first come first served basis.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require disability access to the venue for yourself or your guests.
Attending your Faculty Welcome is a great way to meet fellow students and key academic and support staff from your faculty.
UNSW Art and Design
- Thurs 23 July, 10.00am - 11.00am, Paddington Campus, Lecture Theatre EG02. (Followed by Degree Welcomes.)
- Thurs 23 July, 4.00pm - 5.30pm, Paddington Campus, Lecture Theatre EG02
UNSW Arts & Social Sciences
Wed 22 July, 2.00pm - 3.00pm, Central Lecture Block Theatre 8. (Followed by afternoon tea in CLB Foyer.)
- Thurs 23 July, 5.00pm - 7.00pm, AGSM Ground Level Foyer (map ref G27)
UNSW Built Environment
- Wed 22 July, 3.00pm - 5.30pm, Red Centre Theatre G001
UNSW Business School
- Thurs 23 July, 11.00am - 12.00pm, Central Lecture Block Theatre 6.
- Thurs 23 July, 3.00pm - 8.00pm, Mathews Theatre A.
- Wed 22 July, 2.00pm - 3.00pm, Colombo Theatre A.
- Wed 22 July, 6.00pm - 8.00pm, Level 6, 1 O'Connell St, Sydney CBD.
- Thurs 23 July, 12.15pm - 2.00pm, Law Building, Room G02.
School of Public Health Welcome
- Thurs 23 July, 4.00pm - 6.00pm, Samuels Building, Room 305.
- Thurs 23 July, 11.30am - 1.30pm, Webster Theatre A.
UNSW Library online tutorials
The Library have provided online content to help new UNSW students learn how to make the most of the Library's many resources. Click on the headings below to get started.
This whirlwind video tour tells you all you need to know to get started and connect with UNSW Library wherever you are.
Find it faster at UNSW Library. Learn how to use UNSW Library to save time and find all the books, e-books, journals, databases, course materials, exam papers and multimedia you need.
Plagiarism is presenting another person's work or ideas as your own. Plagiarism is a serious breach of ethics at UNSW and is not taken lightly. So how do you avoid it?
It is a mandatory requirement for all commencing UNSW undergraduate students to complete the ELISE quiz by Week 5 of the student's first semester.
Completing the quiz by this date means that you will be able to apply the information you have learned in ELISE to your first assignments at UNSW.
Orientation Workshops and Sessions
Orientation sessions run from Wednesday 22 July - Friday 24 July. The orientation event planner has a full list of orientation events and sessions. You can browse all sessions, create your own plan for the week, and export it to your personal calendar! These sessions are designed to set you up to succeed in your first Semester at UNSW. So definitely take advantage of them!
*The orientation event planner website is optimised for the latest version of your internet browser
Have questions about the Orientation Event planner? Type 'Event Planner' in the FAQ search box on the right, or email email@example.com.