Semester 1 Orientation
22 - 26 February 2016
Orientation is all about getting to know the things that will be important you at UNSW. This includes your faculty, your campus, your classmates and the clubs and societies that you will join.
It is your chance to meet new people, find your way around, get involved and have some fun. Here's a summary of what to look out for:
Official Welcome to UNSW Australia
Welcome Ceremony for Undergraduate Students and their families:
Monday 22 February, 2016
6pm – 7pm
Sir John Clancy Auditorium
Welcome Ceremony for Postgraduate Students and their families:
Tuesday 23 February, 2016
6pm – 7pm
Sir John Clancy Auditorium
Information stalls, refreshments and Arc student-conducted tours of campus will be held after your ceremony.
No registration is required for the Welcome.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require disability access to the venue for yourself or your guests.
Attending your Faculty Welcome is a great way to meet fellow students and key academic and support staff from your faculty.
UNSW Art and Design
- Art Theory & Fine Arts (Hons): Tues 23 Feb, 10am - 12pm, Paddington Campus, Lecture Theatre EG02,
- Design (Hons) & Media Arts (Hons): Tues 23 Feb, 1pm - 3pm, Paddington Campus, Lecture Theatre EG02
- Wed 24 Feb, 4.30pm - 5.30pm, Paddington Campus, Lecture Theatre EG02
UNSW Arts & Social Sciences
- Mon 22 Feb, 11am - 1pm, Science Theatre
- Thurs 25 Feb, 5pm - 7pm, John Niland Scientia Building (Tyree Room)
UNSW Built Environment
- Monday 22 Feb, 10am - 11am, Keith Burrows Lecture Theatre
- Wednesday 24 Feb, 3pm - 3.30pm, Red Centre Theatre G001
UNSW Business School
- Tues 23 Feb, 11am - 2pm, Sir John Clancy Auditorium
- Thurs 25 Feb, 4.30pm - 8pm, Mathews Theatre A
- Mon 22 Feb, 10am - 2pm, Sir John Clancy Auditorium
- Thurs 25 Feb, 11am - 2pm, Law Theatre G04
- Fri 26 Feb, 12.15pm - 2pm, Law Theatre G04
- Wed 24 Feb, 6pm - 7.30pm, CBD Campus, Level 6, 1 O'Connell St, Sydney
- Wed 24 Feb, 9.30am - 1pm, Central Lecture Block 7
- Wed 24 Feb, 12.30pm – 1.45pm, Sir John Clancy Auditorium
Orientation Workshops and Sessions
Make sure you check out the UNSW orientation week event planner. This has the full list of all orientation events, including Faculty Welcomes, student run activities and professional/academic sessions. You can browse all sessions, create your own plan for the week, and export it to your personal calendar!
Click the image below for all session details or visit planner.unsw.edu.au.
*The orientation event planner website is optimised for the latest version of your internet browser
Have questions about the Orientation Event planner? Type 'Event Planner' in the FAQ search box on the right, or email email@example.com.
UNSW Library online tutorials
The Library have provided online content to help new UNSW students learn how to make the most of the Library's many resources. Click on the headings below to get started.
This whirlwind video tour tells you all you need to know to get started and connect with UNSW Library wherever you are.
Find it faster at UNSW Library. Learn how to use UNSW Library to save time and find all the books, e-books, journals, databases, course materials, exam papers and multimedia you need.
Plagiarism is presenting another person's work or ideas as your own. Plagiarism is a serious breach of ethics at UNSW and is not taken lightly. So how do you avoid it?
It is a mandatory requirement for all commencing UNSW undergraduate students to complete the ELISE quiz by Week 5 of the student's first semester.
Completing the quiz by this date means that you will be able to apply the information you have learned in ELISE to your first assignments at UNSW.